Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review --- A Beautiful World

Unfortunately, most  abused children find themselves as adults, living full lives as animal abusers or child abusers -- with many of them developing into murders or serial killers.  It is a vicious cycle that they consider normal as it is all they have ever known, beginning as a infant.

A Beautiful World: One Son's Escape from the Snares of Abuse and Devotion [Paperback]
...the reason we are here is to save one another … Break the cycle.”  As children raised with insanity they didn't always know that their parents were the crazy ones. They had to steal food to survive, and hide to keep alive. It is a miracle that they survived with their lives, letting alone their sanity. (Book Review)

 (the Kindle version is $9.99, book is $12.92)
.
"... it was clear that the most important thing in my life, the only force pressing me forward, was to live. I buried the pain whenever I could and struggled to master every whim of my abusers in order to manipulate the next terrible beating or sexual assault. I tested and strained against the very boundaries of reality in order to wrap myself into a cocoon of a child's imagery where superheroes and mighty angels existed and made perfect sense compared to the agonizing world in which I lived. So often I played around the edge of insanity, stopping short of losing my mind altogether. " (page

Book Description: 

I purchased this 152-page book in a kindle version and once I started, I could not quit reading it. "A Beautiful World addresses the harsh realities of child abuse and stands out in the memoir category as bold and emotionally shattering.

From the beginning, the straightforward prose shows us a brutal world of sadness and depravity. The narrative becomes ever more lurid as the writer recounts in graphic detail the horrors of child abuse. It is a shocking and moving story – rife with gritty realism, hope and the endurance of the human spirit. The reader will find A Beautiful World thought-provoking and, in many places, a genuinely moving experience. The writer draws the reader into his valuable personal insights, providing a firm grasp of the perils and challenges faced by victims of abuse along the road to healing and deliverancee ."

. More information can be found at www.abeautifulwrld.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share it